ADB commits loans and grants worth USD 1.1bn to Bhutan

USD 60mn worth of loans and grants were provided to Bhutan last year The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has committed 196 public sector loans, grants, and technical assistance totaling USD 1.1bn to Bhutan with the increasing loan and grant disbursements to Bhutan amounting to USD 799.08mn. The ADB is one of Bhutan’s largest sources of […]

NPLs of FIs drop to 9% in 2021

The highest NPLs can be seen in the production/manufacturing, and trade/commerce sectors with Nu 2.82bn As of December 31, 2021, 91% of the total loans are Performing Loans amounting to Nu 160.5bn and the remaining 9% are Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) amounting to Nu 15.7bn, according to the Royal Monetary Authority (RMA). NPLs of the Financial […]

Home ministry to better approval procedure for renovation work of sacred monasteries

The approval for the renovation of a monastery will take one week, according to the Home Minister The Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs (MoHCA) is working on considerations and changes in the procedure for acquiring approval for the renovation of sacred and ancestral monasteries in the country. This was divulged by MoHCA Minister Ugyen […]